C64 font for Arduino OLED libraries

I created some header file a long time ago so I can see the C64 font on the OLED display connected to my Arduino based projects.

Back then, I just thought it would look nicer than all the other fonts. And it did not disappoint. :)

I had grabbed the character data from the ROMs and mapped relevant characters to ASCII. I also had to add a few other characters to fully support the 32-127 range of the ASCII set, and added some custom characters that I found useful at the time.

I just re-discovered my old work and decided to throw it up on Github, you can check it out here:


This files do not contain the graphic characters. I didn't need those at the time and considered them unnecessary bloat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

105 for the Commodore 64 (updated 2021-08-15)

RetroUSBJoystick - connect your old-school C64 joystick via USB (updated 2020-01-22)