Commodore 64 Displaysette? LCDSette?

I bought a relatively cheap LCD screen from AliExpress to use with a C64 project I'm working on. It came without a case and as I am not one of those fortunate guys with a 3D printer, I had to think of another way to make a decent case for the screen.

I noticed the dimensions are very close to an old school compact cassette case, so I decided to use that.

Step 1 -- Mark where to cut

The PCB must fit inside the case -- so to make room for it, I needed to cut a rectangle from the case. I could have opted to modify the case so the screen fits inside, but I did not have any cases without scratches.

Step 2 -- Cut the case
I used a Dremel to cut the rectangle from the case.

NOTE: Always wear protective glasses when cutting plastic, it may damage your sight if you get small bits of plastic in your eye.



Step 3 -- Glue the screen
I used UV hardening epoxy to glue the screen to the case.


Step 4 -- Put it together
Here is a picture of the screen connected to my C64:


Here is a short video of it, too:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RetroUSBJoystick - connect your old-school C64 joystick via USB (updated 2020-01-22)

C64 font for Arduino OLED libraries

105 for the Commodore 64 (updated 2021-08-15)